One of the primary issues to consider when constructing a deck is the best material for your needs. There are multiple options available in the market when it comes to decking materials, with composite boards being a particular alternative that has gained traction in recent years.
What is Composite Decking?
Composite decks are a blend of wood chips and plastic fibers. The decking industry nowadays considers composite as a great lumber alternative, and it has continually grown in popularity with residential decks.
Pros of Composite Decking
- Composite decking offers great levels of durability and can withstand fair amounts of impact without suffering physical damage.
- This alternative also lasts longer than other options such as untreated timber and with the proper care, can last for up to 50 years.
- Composites are also more affordable compared to alternatives such as exotic hardwoods and aluminum, portraying great value for money.
Cons of Composite Decking
- Composite decking is only as good as its manufacturer. This means quality can only be guaranteed when dealing with established brands and suppliers in the market.
- This alternative is slightly more expensive than options such as pressure-treated lumber and natural timber.
It’s crucial to find a reliable provider when looking to get the best bang for your buck. We boast an extensive range of composite decking options, so call us today! Dexksos, your top rated contractor!